It’s no secret that we’re besotted with our favourite duo from Thelma & Louise the movie. The way they talk to each other, their banter, the fun, the laughter, and above all the solid friendship. We know they’ll always have each other’s backs and it’s all so empowering.
Thelma and Louise show us how strong the female bond can be, how important our female friendships should be to us, and how far we women can go for our very best girlfriend. They are our ultimate example of female friendship and road trip mojo!
Can you believe it’s nearly 30 years since this ground-breaking movie was released? And the legend lives on! Hundreds of thousands of women of all ages and nationalities tag themselves as Thelma & Louise on social media – and we hear you all!
“Together, we spread this amazing energy, a female friendship unity.”
Although nobody gets killed, no money is stolen, they are not on the run (thankfully) and they don’t even meet Brad Pitt on the way, these women have each other’s backs and they have bucketloads of fun along the way.
Do you have such a person in your life, a ride-or-die Thelma to your Louise? Are you looking for one?
There is wild blood in us all. That spark will never die. So if you’re looking to let your hair down and have an adventure, here are 9 quotes from Thelma & Louise to help you on your way.
“Grab your headscarf, polish your sunglasses, off we go!”
1. Thelma: You said you 'n' me was gonna get out of town and for once just really let our hair down. Well darlin', look out 'cause my hair is comin' down!
2. Thelma: I feel really awake. I don't recall ever feeling this awake. You know? Everything looks different now. You feel like that? You feel like you got something to live for now?
3. Louise: You've always been crazy, this is just the first chance you've had to express yourself.
4. Thelma: I had it up to my ass with sedate.
5. Louise: You get what you settle for.
6. Thelma: Something's, like, crossed over in me and I can't go back. I mean I just couldn't live.
Louise: I know what you mean. Anyway, don't wanna end up on the damned Geraldo show.
7. Thelma: Louise, no matter what happens, I'm glad I came with you.
8. Thelma (stopping suddenly at the edge of a cliff): What is this?
Louise: I don't know, I think... I think it's the vast Grand Canyon!
Thelma: Isn't it beautiful?
Louise: Yeah, it's something.
9. Louise: Tell Darryl you'll be home tomorrow night.
Thelma: Will I be?
Louise: I don't know. I won't be.
“Here’s to having great friends by your side for when you want to go wild, because going crazy alone is just not as much fun!”
Now that we’re energised and filled with amazing trip ideas, let’s get together. Movie night anyone? Or why not join some of these MeetUps and Road Trips:
And if you need more inspiration, here is how to find the Thelma to your Louise (or vice versa):