A key aspect of the Thelma & Louise community and website is to help members connect with new friends and like-minded travel buddies.
To ensure we support this, we have listed a few common sense guidelines below that we strongly advise you follow when interacting with the larger Thelma & Louise community in a safe and sensible manner:
- You should exercise common sense and reasonable and pragmatic caution at all times when interacting with other members on the Site or outside the Site having made initial contact through Thelma & Louise.
- Before meeting in person with any other member and/or making any travel plans, you should first make voice or preferable video contact using the handy Skype™ application integrated within the Site.
- If possible, you should also meet face-to-face before finalising any travel arrangements.
- Face-to-face meetings should take place in a safe and open public venue until such time as you are entirely comfortable and satisfied as to your personal safety and security. Cafés are great places to meet. A cup of coffee can be a short encounter or a longer meeting, depending on how well you get on. Wherever you meet, it's much better that it is somewhere busy and not a private home.
- You may find a travel buddy or friend in a different country or where meeting face-to-face is not possible. If you are meeting someone for the first time, meet them at the airport or again only in the public place you are already familiar with or have already checked out over the internet. Do not get in a personal vehicle with anybody until you are totally comfortable and satisfied as to your companion/s and with your personal safety.
Any complaints about the conduct of other Thelma & Louise members or evident misrepresentations they have made to you which you feel prejudiced your safety or potentially the safety of other members should be forwarded immediately to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate the matter and take appropriate action.